21/03/2009

Finished Dungarees

I am so pleased with myself for making these babies! I made the pattern from a pair of Heaths dungarees that fit him well. Then just sort of tried stuff. I used some spotty material to line the bib, some hammer on jeans buttons. There are a couple of places that I screwed up a bit like the sides where they button up, I could have done with cutting a bit more generously there, as it was I made a couple of tabs to stick the buttons on. All in all I am pleased though, hope his Mummy is as well!

I used the Flat Fell seam that I learned just last week from Hoppo Bumpo so 'big up' and thanks.

4 comments:

Hoppo Bumpo said...

Wow - they look fabulous! I love the proper jeans buttons and all the top stitching too.

.girl ferment. said...

well done they look great. i like your methods of making things because i am the same. self-taught and experiment as i go.

13mimosa said...

Those are super professional looking overalls!

Handmade said...

Wow - they look great - how cute!