09/03/2009

Had to share this

I needed an iPod holder for my Nano. I hate to spend dosh when I don't need to. So I wanted to make one myself, I always try to do this before admitting defeat and going to the shops.

I first tried juice containers, this did work, but it was really difficult to fix it to my car securely, in the end more hassle than it was worth.

Then I came up with this baby, made from proper old vintage meccano.



I love it and it works perfectly. Unless my iPod is in it people just don't know what it is for. And it is so lo-tec and so me.

8 comments:

Beaky said...

Very inpressive and retro too! I love it! Oh and how cute is your ipod cover - is it paperchase?
B x

FruteJuce said...

Yes, yes Paperchase, spend too much money, even when trying to be good Paperchase.

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Love it! We have loads of meccano and lego around our house - I will have to remember it next time I need to construct something.

Hoppo Bumpo said...

What a brilliant solution ... and the fact that its vintage Meccano adds to its charm!

Jenny said...

What an ingenious idea-very creative indeed and it works too!!

Brenda said...

Love the clever use of Meccanno

Fabric Nation said...

love this!

Victoria said...

Hi there, nice to "meet" you. I LOVE the ipod holder - so cool and retro. It's much better than anything you could buy!!