07/05/2009

My Creative Space


My creative space today is very exciting! (sorry but it is to me). I have managed to do another type of zip insertion, don't remember what it is called but it is blimmin' lovely. I have been sitting and looking at how nice it sits in its lovely little zippy groove! It is the reverse side of a different kind of purse I am making. I was spurred by my success with the other zippy purses.

Also in my creative space I have been folding my Fat Quarters just because they look so nice folded like this. Inspired by Kootoyoo's folding tutorial here.

Also take a look at other creative spaces here, I love it. Nosyness abounds for me.

8 comments:

theothermousie said...

Wow, I could really do with taking lessons from you in both folding & zipping!!

Maureen said...

Any zipper insertion is an achievement and yours is a work of art also!

CurlyPops said...

Now that is an impressive zip!

Kirsty said...

Oh your folded quarters look wonderful.

Is it a "concealed zip"...boy that's testing the memory (year 8 garment construction). Anyway, it does look great.

kellie said...

Love the folded quarters. I would love to have shelves piled with fabric like this - it looks so lovely. (But I can't sew so I am yet to find an excuse to have fabric around!)

amity ville boronia said...

Isn't Kirsty's fat quarter folding style excellent? I can do it for hours! I'm also very excited about zippers :)

Lucy Bowler said...

More zippers - fantastic! Your fat quarters look so neat - I think I'll have to check out that tutorial...

woollywotnots said...

Super fabric! What a selection!