04/06/2009

My Creative Space


Edited to add photos of the dress for my little lovely. I am really pleased with how it came out, I can't wait to try it on her. Sweet!


My Creative Space today consists of 3 bags of fabric that I have been given. I have the blue floral which is for a dress for one of my little lovelies that I will make today. The other fabric is all satins and what I call 'slippy' fabric. It will be useful for bag lining etc. but never in a month of Sundays could I make that many bags! I didn't have the energy to take some of it out to photograph yet, but I may update later in the day.

For more inspiring creative spaces get on over here.

13 comments:

Kylie said...

Wow! You lucky thing! The blue one is very surfer dude I think. K

Lucy Bowler said...

Enjoy the fabrics. Hope there are some gems in there. Last time I received bags of fabric, some were a bit dodgy!! Hope you have better luck!

Leslie said...

Lucky you! Have a great time sifting through them.

Kirsty said...

Lucky you...three bags full of gifted fabric.

willywagtail said...

i think I had a dress out of material like that 30 something years ago. Wow. Love the bush in your creative space. ;)

Jenifir said...

I love the blue dress. Even if you find nothing else you like from this bag, what a gift. Slippy fabric works for linings but is otherwise of limited value.

edward and lilly said...

wheeee, so much fabric! The dress is really cute!

becclebee said...

oh, i love random bags of fabric- tiring but such fun to sort through. you never know what you might get!

Fabric Nation said...

Sweet dress. I'm working out how to make some for my niece, she's 5 but very, very tall, so I'm constantly looking for age appropriate clothes that fit! Making them looks like the only option unless she's going to be in HSM tops!

Michelle said...

The dress is gorgeous. I am sure you will have fun sorting through all that fabric.

Nikki said...

Oooh - I love a good bag or three of fabric to wade through.... lucky you!

Cindy said...

lovely blue! very sweet dress...

Michelle said...

Love the dress!

I don't know whether I could cope iwth 3 bags of donated fabric! I have enough problems just taming what I have now.