05/06/2009

Sewing Machine Meme

Sew, Mama Sew is hosting sewing machine month, hopefully this will be of use to someone wanting info on what machine to buy when looking around.

What brand and model do you have?
Pfaff Select 4

How long have you had it?
Year

How much does that machine cost (approximately)?
(GBP) £420
What types of things do you sew (i.e. quilting, clothing, handbags, home dec projects, etc.)?
clothing, handbags, softies, all kinds of fabric and some plastic.

How much do you sew? How much wear and tear does the machine get?
I sew maybe 4 times a week at least for around 3 hours or more each time

Do you like/love/hate your machine? Are you ambivalent? Passionate? Does she have a name?
No name for my beauty but I love it, I am really pleased with it but took an absolute age looking around for what I wanted. When my Mum first saw it in action she was swooning over it!

What features does your machine have that work well for you?
It is quite a basic machine (mechanical) but I love the IDT (walking foot) that is built in as I use some quite thick fabrics. And it has a needle threader that is fab!

Is there anything that drives you nuts about your machine?
No

Do you have a great story to share about your machine (i.e., Found it under the Christmas tree? Dropped it on the kitchen floor? Sewed your fingernail to your zipper?, Got it from your Great Grandma?, etc.!)? We want to hear it!
No all those stories are about my old machines.

Would you recommend the machine to others? Why?
I would recommend as it is a sturdy machine and is pretty quiet, it plods through the difficult things I ask of it.

What factors do you think are important to consider when looking for a new machine?
You obviously have to consider how much you have to spend. But think about features you would really like and look around for one that has most of if not all of them.

Do you have a dream machine?
Yes I would love to have back my old singer treadle machine I got from the local newspaper sale for £5, 23 years ago, I rue the day I got rid of it. And my real dream machine would be mine but would include choice of where the needle stops (eg up or down) and a drop in bobbin.

No comments: