19/07/2009

I am a complete fool!


I am hating writing this blog post as it is annoying the hell out of me and making me sad at the same time. It has taken me a few days to write it.

I left a full carrier bag of my craft items in a cupboard whilst on holiday, I didn't remember till I got home. What a total idiot! I have never done anything like this before and I seriously can't get over it. The reason I am really sad is that one of the things in there was an old tin that my Dad gave me years ago before he died. None of the things are worth anything to anyone else, but they are mine and I would love them back.

So I now have absolutely no embroidery threads, no felt at all, no magnets, no embroidery needles, no embroidery scissors, no lovely pencil case with my 'best' stationery, no journal with ideas and sketches and no lovely old tin that my Dad gave me.

The picture above is one taken some time ago for the 'My Creative Space' meme.

I rang the manager at the holiday place to see if the cleaners had found it and they hadn't (some cleaners huh!) I then asked them if they could knock on the door and ask the new tenants if they could get it out of the cupboard and they were unwilling to do that for me.

I hate it!!! Now I have to put it behind me :(

5 comments:

willywagtail said...

That is just too, too bad. I would try again though. It is too precious to give up on. At least you know you will have the complete sympathy of everyone who reads this post. Cherrie

nifty thrifty said...

Nightmare - try calling again you may get to speak to someone else. It's amazing how much we crafters collect over time, bits here and bits there - it's very expensive to replace - can you claim on your insurance?

CurlyPops said...

Oh no, that's so sad that you no longer have your dads lovely tin. How rude that someone actually kept it!

LilithEvy said...

Damn.. so sad! I'm really sorry...

Lucy Bowler said...

That's awful. Some people... argh!