02/07/2009

My Creative Space


My Creative Space this week is all about a sun hat for my lovely Mum. I had wanted to make one for myself and told her about it, she said she didn't have one and how she would love me to make her one, the rest, as they say, is history.
Making the pattern was so fiddly and it has to be absolutely perfect or it doesn't work, it was a bit of a nightmare! So much more fiddly than making the pattern for the Calico Bunny even.
I loved sewing the brim, that was my fav part, and the little fella in the last picture was my buddy! I will post a pic of it when it is finished. I am hoping to get my sun hat made before we go away in a couple of days, not sure if that will happen!!

3 comments:

CurlyPops said...

I can't wait to see how it all turns out. I have a pattern for a sunhat, but just haven't gotten around to it yet (just like the other hundred or so projects on the list)!
Your lines of stitching look amazing in that macro shot (and extremely neat)

Lola Nova said...

Gorgeous! Ooh, and I love all those wee purses you made.

Lisa @celebrate CREATIVITY said...

Awesome hat! I love this project. I have an Amy Butler pattern for this. I will definitely pull it out and put it to good use.

Great fabric choice too and I always like seeing a bit of the sewing process.