27/08/2009

My Creative Space

My Blog Avatar
Turned into a line drawing and traced onto tracing paper (I didn't need to do this stage but wanted to see how it would look)

Then traced onto stabilizer
Pinned to fabric
Sew, sew, sew
and here is the finished piece.


My Creative space has picture overload this week! I was up at the crack of dawn finishing off my piece for The Quilt Project. It is now finished and all that is left is to parcel it up and send it off to Kootoyoo in fact where you can see many more creative spaces.

11 comments:

Emjie said...

This is a really great idea and I might give this a go some time. Thank you for sharing your process.

littlebird said...

wow that looks wonderful, you make it look so simple and i'll bet it is not! ( this girl can ruin a simple hem)

Kate said...

Wow! That looks amazing. Well done.

CurlyPops said...

Now that's ingenious! I can't believe you managed to stitch it on a machine - wow!

Nikki Cardigan said...

It's perfect Alison. I saw the picture on Flickr first and without seeing your name, I knew it was you. It is not picture overload at all... it is awesome to see the steps you took to get to your amazing finished quilt square.

Kirsty said...

I love your square. It's perfect.

elk said...

oh my what steps to fabulous!

Cindy said...

This is so amazing, I love how realisic it still looks. Amazing job.

Debra said...

wow...all i can say is you are one patient lady....awesome project..:)

MissyP said...

This is GREAT Alison. It turned out so well. I would have been afraid that I would lose the likeness in the sewing process but you haven't at all. As soon as I saw this on the flikr site a week or so ago, I knew it was yours. Recognised it immediately.

Thea said...

I am finally taking some time to enjoy some blog reading. This is brilliant! How cool to be able to machine-embroider your self-portrait.