04/09/2009

My little Surprise



I had been moaning, yet again, to my long suffering other half that I couldn't use my cone threads as they get caught up in my machine and drive me wild with broken thread, catching etc...
In the middle of one of these rants he got up and disappeared into the garden and came back in ten minutes later with this little beauty! Well that is an exaggeration as beauty it is not! But what it is is a fantastic thing that means I can now use my cones without spending dosh on a purpose made one. He even wrote in red pen "Willy's patented thread holder" and a cross where to stand my cone. He is so helpful!

3 comments:

Lola Nova said...

Necessity is the mother of invention isn't it.
I loved your red work for the quilt project, just brilliant!

CurlyPops said...

He's a genius!

Nikki Cardigan said...

And I am sure that under the red "Willy's patented thread holder" it says "and I love you"... although it may be hard to see as it might be in invisible ink. But I bet it is there because love was definately involved in this little project Alison.